Friday, February 25, 2005

Roundup

No, I didn't get to the game session in Reut, which was my last chance before next week when it moves to Tel Aviv (and has an entrance fee), so I won't be getting to it any time soon. Too bad. I would have liked to have met some other players from outside my area.

I hope that they will be amenable to coming to Jerusalem for our game day during Passover.

I got to play Web of Power this week, one on my list of desired games, and I enjoyed it (see session report for details). As the game was inadvertently left in my house, I can play it a few more times before it gets back to the owner. Said owner also left Hansa. Time to break out the rules and look at that one. Hansa is one of the new games from 2004 which got some good comments, but no stellar comments, so I haven't been itching to play it. However, since it is in my house already ...

First order of business is to play Battle Cry. My son Eitan, who doesn't play with us on Wed's is willing to play only wargames, so I hope this will give me a rare opportunity to play with him.

The only other games he plays are: a wargame he created that requires you to draw cool guys in order to play, Warhammer, and computer games (such as Red Alert, Ceasar's, etc...)

I also organized a trade on BGG, my third.

Cosmic Encounter: Gilad posted a journal entry comparing CE to *shudder* Munchkin.

Well, I suppose that the similarities are: they both have a goal of reaching a certain victory condition, the players often gang up on the person about to win the victory condition, and that the ganging up involves playing from your hand of hidden and unique cards. That's really about it.

I imagine, if I wanted to, I could come up with as many similarities between CE and football. To each his own.

Yehuda

No comments: