Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend Gaming - update

I forgot to add - another game of my game prototype with two non-gamer newbies who came for lunch. Another success. One of them, a twenty something Hebrew speaker, won the game and enjoyed it, and the other, a forty something single mother, thought it was enjoyable and clever, and told me I should try to publish it. (Ho ho, friends always say that sort of thing, but it was an ironic thing to say, anyway.)

After shabbat, Saarya and I spent some time making more mockups of the game. He is taking one to school with him (he is in a sleep away school in ninth grade) along with Settlers, in the hopes of forming a board game group there. I am eager to help, of course.

In the meantime, I am waiting to hear from the publisher who said he would try it out, and I will also look into making a few dozen sellable mockups myself to bring with me if I make it to BGG.con (nothing is final until I have the tickets in my hand).

Yehuda

No comments: