Monday, October 17, 2005

Cutting Up Those Mockups Is a Bitch

Each game is four sheets of A3 paper, 300 gram weight. It takes an exacto knife to do it properly, and I have no particular skill with an exacto knife. Very easy to slip and cut right through something I shouldn't (on the paper, I mean. I haven't cut through my fingers, yet).

I'm depressed about the PR buildings which are grainy and 30% larger than they should be. Why did I print them? I kind of knew they were too big when I was printing them. I was hoping against reality, I guess.

Don't hope against reality. Always be a pessimist.

Pessimists are happy when they aren't right. You can't talk to an optimist - they always know things will work out. They will blindly do things that have no hope of working, wasting time and money. Pessimists are willing to listen to both sides. They are cautious. They don't waste money on something that isn't going to work anyway.

It takes me 45 minutes to cut up each print. 30 prints. You do the math. I've done two, so far.

Sukkot is a-coming. Time to dwell outside in booths.

Jews learn a lot during their holidays. We learn to play music (Rosh Hashana), to fast and to cook, to make a house (Sukkot), to make clothes (Purim), to decorate (Shavuot), to clean (Pesach), to hold our liquor (Purim, again), to dance, to sing, and to form together in large herds and small groups.

If I'm ever stranded on a desert island, I can take comfort in the fact that I will be able to construct a clean, pretty hut that leaks, while drunk, wearing a clown costume, and making noises that are sure to attract a herd of lummox whales. Got it covered.

Hag Sameach,
Yehuda

1 comment:

Agent Easy said...

I think you are confusing "Pessimist" with "Realist".

A pessimist rarely bothers to attempt anything, because they assume it will fail.

I'm a realist myself, but I'd much rather be an optimist than a pessimist!