Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Havoc with Tal

Tal does cause havoc, but we're talking about the two-player game of Havoc by Sunriver Games.

I haven't played this in a while. It's not a top tier game, but it's also better than many second tier games. Maybe it's the perceived amount of luck, strange mechanics compared to the theme, I don't know. It's still a pretty good game.

The game is a little long for a straight filler, but that can be rectified by removing one or two battles from the game. It's not that long, however. Tal and I played the full set in about 50 minutes.

I pulled ahead early by taking the first three battles, while Tal spent her time trying to pull certain cards to make perfect straight flushes and sets of numbers. Apparently this was the right choice, as she took all but two of the remaining battles, and one of those two was removed from the game, unfought.

After round seven I was 3 points behind. The last two battles are six points each (swing), so I had to win both and she only had to win one. She won the last battle with her perfect straight card flush up to the 8 in green, beating my five 1's.

Yehuda

No comments: