Sunday, May 28, 2006

No longer head Geek

My week of being Geek of the Week on BoardGameGeek is over. I passed the torch to Alex Rockwell, former co-blogger, but mostly a person who taught me a lot about heavy Eurogame strategy. His writings are excellent and his strategy is sound. Although we still disagree about the Small Warehouse.

My own stint covered a lot of Jewish territory. I have only myself to blame for that, considering my answers to the "two truths and a lie" question (see the first response).

Anyhoo ...

My Game Friends, a poem not by Yeats

I WILL arise and go now, and go to my game friends,
And many games I'll play there, of bone and cardboard made;
Games varied will I play there, but what we'll play depends,
For not alone are decisions made.

And we shall play in peace there, for peace comes rumbling in,
Rumbling on dice and counters, and yea from anything;
That lights our eyes and faces, from when the games begin,
Until the late night's faery wings.

I will arise and go now, for always day and night
I hear game boxes groaning unused on a dusty shelf.
While I sit at my work desk, by artificial light
I yearn to be not by myself.

No comments: