Friday, September 15, 2006

Ready for Cosmic Encounter

The four old Avalon Hill games I received together with Cosmic Encounter have now been passed on to an acquaintance and former JSGC attendee, Ephraim.

He also says that he may return this week or otherwise soon in order to re-try to play Origins of World War II with us. Last time he tried, the people didn't want to play because it was a) not a Eurogame, and b) had a picture of Hitler on the box. This time we have some more wargame friendly people around.

I was debating on whether to auction off my near mint copy of Cosmic Encounter, but absent any real knowledge of how much I can get for it (more than $200, but less than $500), I think I will simply open it and play it. I wouldn't pay $200 for a copy, but as long as I have it, I don't want to go through the bother of selling it.

Guests and kids for shabbat, so who knows what games we'll play?

Links:

If you're in Brooklyn, New York tomorrow (and you aren't a shabbat observing Jew or a Quaker, I suppose), you can join in a game of Urban Othello, using humans and cellphones for pieces. And next Saturday, if you're in Alexandria, Alabama, you can attend a garden party and play card and party games straight out of Jane Austen novels.

And remember the 1,500 newly available jobs in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia due to a board game company that decided to move offices there? It seems to be driving up real estate prices.

Foxmind now has a Hebrew site. (via anonymous tip)

Yehuda

P.S. What happened to BlogSpot for a half an hour today?

P.P.S. I found out that you can work on two blog posts at the same time, but don't try to post the both at the same time. It makes BlogSpot go into an infinite loop trying to re-index.

No comments: