Wednesday, January 03, 2007

BGG's Blogger Microbadge

The good thing about the microbadge is that you can enter a URL for the badge so that when someone click the badge under your name/avatar, they go directly to your blog. The bad thing about it is that you can't then click the microbadge to see all other people who have the same microbadge.

It wasn't that hard to figure out how to do it, however. There are four pages of bloggers to be discovered; some are not in English, some don't blog about games, some blog very infrequently about games, and some blog very infrequently, period. As for the remainder, well just expect another lovely update to my list of board game bloggers sometime soon.

I'll also be posting a round of board and card game patents from December, and I am debating on whether I should comment about board and card game patents over the last year in general. I think not. Suffice to say, scant few of them should have passed the "not obvious" test.

I will get to try out Netrunner tonight, God willing.

I must mention Joystiq's praise of Settlers of Catan. And someone mentioned the Heroscape gaming journal hscodex, but I forgot who (Sorry!) [Update: Ah, 'twas Sean. Thanks, Sean; I shouldn't have been so lazy.]

Yehuda

3 comments:

Seth Ben-Ezra said...

Ooh, Netrunner. Before Blue Moon, Netrunner was the two-player card game of choice in my household, and I'd still happily play it with all comers. Do post and let us know how your experience goes.

sabr said...

I had a quick post about the heroscape codex yesterday.

http://seanandmelissa.net/sean/2007/01/02/more-online-magazines/

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Seth: we only played a few turns but it looked amazing. I need to play more.

sean: Thanks!

Yehuda