Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Vacation Plans

Saarya, Tal, and I are heading up to the north Galil and Golan for the weekend for a little r and r: hiking, dinner, B and B, etc. Saarya is out for the week, but has to be back on base near Metullah on Sat night (seems odd to me, but that's the army for you).

Games Day in Jerusalem is the first day of Hol Hamoed, Wed Mar 27.

Tal and I can do some travelling in November. I am strongly considering BGG.con as part of my travels, but I'm not 100% sure yet. We can pretty much go anywhere in the world that we want for a week or two. I would love to go somewhere where we can stay with someone (giving us a local contact for ideas of what to do and saving on hotel expenses). Other than that, the world is our oyster.

Suggestions?

My vacation style does not involve relaxing, nor tourist or historical attractions (ok, if I went to Paris, I don't think I could pass up seeing the Louvre). I like to meet people, walk down side streets, hike near forest/water, browse country craft shops and garage sales, sit in cafes, take pictures of the street signs, meet local gamers, listen to live music and watch live theater. And I need access to kosher non-dairy food.

Yehuda

2 comments:

Mike said...

Austin, TX! Relatively close to BGG.con in Dallas (3hrs south of Dallas on I-35)...Austin is home to Steve Jackson Games (East Austin) and Great Hall Games (on Lamar Ave)...Awesome hiking trails and parks all around town. Many museums. Katz's Deli is now closed in Austin, but Mastman's Deli (http://mastmansdeli.com)should be open at 111 W. 6th Street by November.

Mike said...

P.S. Austin is also the "Live Music Capital of the World."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Austin,_Texas