Saturday, April 30, 2011

To Local Newspapers, Regarding Your Subscription Policy

Hi there.

I run a blog with around 80,000 visitors a month. I was planning on linking to a post of yours ("XXX"), but couldn't access the story due to your subscription policy. Of course, I'm not going to subscribe to some local paper in YYY for a single relevant story when I live somewhere else in the world and visit hundreds of papers a day.

I'm just letting you know that I won't be linking to you on account of your subscription policy; I'm sure I represent hundreds of other bloggers who have run into the same issue but haven't bothered to inform you. If your policy works for your paper, more power to you. Just keep people like me a factor in your policy considerations.

All the best.
Yehuda Berlinger

No comments: