Friday, June 18, 2010

Three Days of Peace, Love, and Berlingers

This afternoon we go to my nephew's bar mitzvah. The bar mitzvah, for family, is all of shabbat - Friday afternoon until Saturday night. The party is Sunday evening.

Or, as I like to tell Rachel, it's three days of peace, love, and Berlingers.

My father may be too sick to attend (and if he doesn't, my mom won't either), as he is seriously ill from cancer and getting worse. Keep Menachem ben Miriam in your prayer.

Of course, I was asked to bring games, so, when we're not eating, sleeping, praying, or listening, you know what we'll be doing.

Update: edited due to a sense of propriety.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jon
I trust you will amend your assessment of the bar mitzva and realize that Har Nof is not Bnei
brak or Matesdorf. and hearing some good divrei Torah does not hurt you in any way.
Guess who

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Will do. We had a nice shabbat.

Jon

YajB (The Woolley MomMyth) said...

"Sense of propriety"

How positively Jane Austen of you.