Suppliers must be split into
- Component suppliers: including miniature makers, book publishers, plastics and shipping companies, and so on
- Designers: including artists
- Consultants: agents, design, marketing, legal, etc
- Information brokers: news sites, magazines, conventions, etc
- Hosts: Casinos, game stores, online play, conventions, etc
The game hobby also overlaps a number of other hobbies, at least as far as the industry is concerned. I already knew about toys, sports, gambling, puzzles, bar games, and video games, but add to the list dolls, modeling (miniatures are used equally for both gaming and modeling), remote controlled vehicles, kites, comics, branding (marketing and design), books, education (science, finance, math, history), magic, media entertainment (TV, video, and movie tie-ins), drinking and sex, divination and spirituality, therapy, souvenir/gift, art, craft, cultural heritage, and satire. At least.