Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weekend Gaming

Friday night at my friends, I played with their kids: Jungle Speed (Tal won in a three-player game) and Blokus Duo (I won twice).

The next day I headed to my cousins for one of the kids' bar mitzvahs. I brought some big box games to play with my cousins and brothers' families over shabbat, but they never came out. Everyone was busy with lunch, etc, and then Settlers of Catan, Apples to Apples, and Magic, and playing with the pet chameleon and its food supply (a box of live wriggling worms) and talking. There were too many kids and adults running around to bring out a more contemplative game.

And yet, they were always asking me if I had any new games. Whenever I said "of course", there was a chorus of 12 to 15 people of all sizes and ages yelling that they wanted to play too, and then wandering off to do something else, play something else, or just fight, before I could bring anything out. None of my games could take 12 people, anyway.

I read a book.

No comments: