Friday, March 18, 2005

Magic disappointment

A friend of a father of a friend of my son heard that I was selling my Magic collection and came over to view it.

We spent an hour looking for the rares, then the ones he really wanted. About 5 cards were worth anything special in his opinion - Armageddon, Necropotence, and 3 Scragnoths - which he valued, total, at about $8. Then another 75 "good" rares he values, total, at about $12, total. The rest, about 3500 - 4000 cards, including uncommons, less good rares, and commons, about, total, $60.

I had to tell him that I will think about it, which left him a little disgruntled - he spent time helping me look through the collection, and he came with cash in his pocket. I just don't know if I'm ready to part with my ten year collection for $80. Argh.

I have to finish cataloging them and see if anyone else offers more. Or just keep it.

Yehuda
Post a Comment