Friday, March 18, 2005

Magic disappointment

A friend of a father of a friend of my son heard that I was selling my Magic collection and came over to view it.

We spent an hour looking for the rares, then the ones he really wanted. About 5 cards were worth anything special in his opinion - Armageddon, Necropotence, and 3 Scragnoths - which he valued, total, at about $8. Then another 75 "good" rares he values, total, at about $12, total. The rest, about 3500 - 4000 cards, including uncommons, less good rares, and commons, about, total, $60.

I had to tell him that I will think about it, which left him a little disgruntled - he spent time helping me look through the collection, and he came with cash in his pocket. I just don't know if I'm ready to part with my ten year collection for $80. Argh.

I have to finish cataloging them and see if anyone else offers more. Or just keep it.

Yehuda

2 comments:

Coldfoot said...

I hate to laugh at your disappointment, but I've been in a similiar boat. So I don't feel so bad about laughing.

The cards probably won't be very collectable until the kids playing Magic today are in their 30s and 40s. Then... look out. Who knows what value they may have?

You will hate yourself in 20 years if you sell them now.

Yehuda Berlinger said...

I still enjoy playing, I just don't need any power cards.

Yehuda