Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shabbat Gaming

Went to Beit Shemesh for shabbat. I played a little Bridge (each played two hands) and Scrabble with my mom. Last time I played Scrabble with her she beat me. This time she wasn't on her game at all, and I won by a large margin, even with me helping her find better places to play on the board on some of her turns.

My son, on the other hand, played a number of games with his friends: Killer Bunnies, Ingenious, Ticket to Ride, and maybe others. I don't know these friends, and they didn't get their gaming love from me, or from my colleague who runs the Beit Shemesh game group. I think a number of them are recent immigrants (the last five years or less) who brought the games with them from the U.S.

Tomorrow is Games Day in Beit Shemesh, which I will be missing as I am going on a hike and then have dinner plans with some (gaming) friends. Monday is Games Day in Jerusalem.

No comments: