Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More on The Life of Games

I sent a few questions to Kate Jones and Stephen Sniderman of The Life of Games, and Stephen replied.

[JSGC] Hi, Kate and Stephen. I just found The Life of Games after looking at the contributors section of The Games Journal. Nice stuff.

[TLoG] Thanks for the kind words.

[JSGC] Can you tell me what the history and future is for this site?

[TLoG] History: Kate was visiting me to look at a game, and we started discussing
the possibility of creating an online journal relating to games.

Future: It will continue until we can't do it any longer.

[JSGC] Why did you start? What is the idea behind the site, as opposed to other game sites?

[TLoG] For me, the site is a venue for my ideas about games. I was not aware of
anybody (online or elsewhere) who was discussing aspects of games that I
wanted to discuss.

[JSGC] Why so much delay between issues?

[TLoG] Kate has many projects that keep her extremely busy. She does TLOG when
she has a spare moment. Our "goal" is to put out an issue each year, but
things haven't worked out that way.

[JSGC] Are you soliciting articles?

[TLoG] Sure. We welcome articles from anyone who's interested in games.

[JSGC] Will there be any more issues?

[TLoG] That's the plan. The next one has been written and is currently being
edited. Kate could say better when it might go onto the site.

---

I'm looking forward to the next issue.

---

Since the JSGC has moved this week, I had to take games out of my apt in preparation for tonight. I hope I took the right ones. In the meantime, I am eagerly awaiting the return of my brother from the U.S., as he should be carrying over a few games for me.

Yehuda

No comments: