Thursday, March 23, 2006

Green Eggs and Tom

I am Tom
I am Tom
Tom Vasel

That Tom Vasel
That Tom Vasel!
What a hassle
that Tom Vasel!

Do you like
playing Carcassonne?

I do not like it,
Tom Vasel.
I do not like
Carcassonne, it's facile.

Would you play it
here or there?

I would not play it
here or there.
I would not play it
anywhere.
I do not like
Carcassonne, the game.
I do not like it
If it's all the same.

Would you play it
in a house?
Would you play it
with a mouse?

I would not play it
in a house.
I would not play it
with a mouse.
I would not play it
here or there.
I would not play it
anywhere.
I do not like playing Carcassonne.
Just the game's name makes me yawn.

Would you play it
in a box?
Would you play it
with a fox?

Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not play it here or there.
I would not play it anywhere.
I would not play that Carcassonne.
I do not like it. Please be gone.

Would you? Could you?
In a car?
Play it! Play it!
Here you are.

I would not,
could not,
in a car.

You may like it.
You will see.
You may like it
in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.
Not in a car! You let me be!

I would not play it in a box.
I would not play it with a fox.
I would not play it in a house.
I would not play it with a mouse.
I would not play it here or there.
I would not play it anywhere.
I would not play it, Vasel, Tom.
What is this, some kind of pogrom?

A train! A train!
A train! A train!
Could you, would you,
on a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! Tom! Let me be!

I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not play it with a mouse.
I will not play it in a house.
I will not play it here or there.
I will not play it anywhere.
I do not like that Carcassonne.
I think it is the devil's spawn.

Say!
In the dark?
Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?

I would not, could not,
in the dark.

Would you, could you,
in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.
Not in the dark. Not on a train.
Not in a car. Not in a tree.
I do not like it, Tom, you see.
Not in a house. Not in a box.
Not with a mouse. Not with a fox.
I will not play it here or there.
I will not play it anywhere!

You do not like
Carcassonne?

I do not
like it,
Mr Tom.

Would you, could you
In a castle?
Could you, would you
With a tassel?

No, I wouldn't
You old Tom Vasel.

Could you, would you
with a goat?

I would not,
could not,
with a goat!

Would you, could you,
on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.
I will not, will not, with a goat.
Not with a tassel. Not in a castle.
I will not play it in the rain.
I will not play it on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let me be!
I do not like it in a box.
I do not like it with a fox.
I will not play it in a house.
I do not like it with a mouse.
I do not like it here or there.
I do not like it ANYWHERE

I do not like
that Carcassonne!

I do not like it,
Mr. Tom.

You do not like it.
So you say.
Try it! Try it!
And you may.
Try it and you may, I say.

Tom!
If you will let me be,
I will try it.
You will see.

Say!
I like this game, I do!
I like it, you Tom Vasel, you!
And I would play it in a boat.
And I would play it with a goat...

And I will play it in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
It is so good, so good, you see!

So I will play it in a box.
And I will play it with a fox.
And I will play it in a house.
And I will play it with a mouse.
And I will play it here and there.
Say! I will play it ANYWHERE!

I do so like
this little game!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Er ... what was his name?

Yehuda, with a little help from Theodore Geisel
Post a Comment