Monday, March 13, 2006

Rachel Update

Well, I'm still sick. How long does a cold last?

Monday morning, and no change in Rachel's condition.

Rachel says that she still feels perfectly fine, but the doctors say that she definitely has a gall bladder infection. It may have to be removed; surgery for that would be scheduled for a later time. In the meantime, I'm not sure how much longer she will remain in the hospital.

By a startling coincidence, my father is going in to the same hospital today for his final course in chemotherapy. We're considering renaming the hospital after us.

Recapping, Sunday morning I went to the hospital with some of Rachel's stuff and picked up Ariella and brought her home. I did some work at home. Later I took Tal and Eitan to the hospital and we all came back. Eitan was on his way to a "ball" at school. Eitan is the metalhead, so to see him dressed in a suit-jacket is an amusing thing. Even his girlfriend couldn't get him to dance, however.

Tal and I went shopping for food to make and handout on Purim (one of the customs of Purim is to hand out food to other people - a nicer custom than trick-or-treating I think).

This morning I brought Rachel more of her things. What is she doing in the hospital? Studying ancient Greek, compiling biblical sources, writing chapters of her dissertation.

Yehuda

2 comments:

Rick said...

Luckily gall bladder removal is now a simple and non-intrusive procedure. Laparoscopic cholestectomy will allow Rachel to head home just a day or two after she has the operation.

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Thanks, guys. It looks like she's doing ok, and hopefully my father is too.

Yehuda