Monday, May 15, 2006

Games dispossessed

First: Playstation III wants to play a card game with you, using real cards.

Second: What is a Boing Boing link worth? 13 links, 3500 hits over 3 days, tapering off to another 50-75 a day following (as of now). Interestingly enough, The vast majority of new inbound traffic comes equally from Boing Boing and another site called Microsiervos, which is Spanish.

I bought the following games owing to their high rank and high regard on BGG and then traded them or sold them. It may not seem like many, but I haven't actually bought that many games in my life. Some of these we liked, but not enough. Or we grew out of them, or they weren't right for our group. Some we didn't like very much at all.

  • Acquire
  • Battle Cry
  • Bohnanza
  • Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers
  • Citadels
  • David and Goliath
  • Domaine
  • Oceania
  • Settlers of Catan card game
  • Traumfabrik
Any regrets? Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers. However, I am more interested now in acquiring one of the newer, better two-player variants.

The following games will be the next to go.

  • Alhambra
  • China Moon
  • Saint Petersburg
  • Hoity Toity
Make me an offer.

Games I bought based on BGG recommendations and have no plans of trading or selling:

  • Settlers of Catan
  • Puerto Rico
  • Princes of Florence
  • El Caballero
  • El Grande
  • Power Grid
  • Caylus
  • Tigris and Euphrates
  • Havoc
  • Louis XIV
  • Maharaja
  • Modern Art
  • Torres
  • Primordial Soup
  • San Juan
  • Yinsh
On the border:

  • Cities and Knights of Catan
  • El Grande expansions
  • Die Macher
  • Goa
  • Through the Desert
  • For Sale
  • Tikal
Yehuda

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are you getting your blog stats from? I'd be interested in seeing mine, although I was probably supposed to set something up.

Yehuda Berlinger said...

I'm using tracksy.com, and I have google analytics thrown in for good measure.

tracksy is limited to only 25,000 hits per month before they charge, which is not an issue for me yet.

What I don't have is RSS statistics. I know how many people subscribe through bloglines, but that's about it. I could add a webbug (1x1 pixel picture) to the post and track how often it gets loaded, but it still would be imperfect and some would call that spyware like.

I could also force RSS readers to hit the web page by only sending out summaries or headers, but my job is to make my subscribers happy, not annoy them.

Yehuda