Sunday, November 13, 2005

BGG.con: Saturday, Nov 12

Shabbat started out cold, with frost on the grass, and the temperature at 30 degrees F. My raincoat was inadequate. Luckily it was a short walk to shul. Too bad I don't have a nice new jacket.

The day was basically: shul, very long lunch with guests, and some quick games of Blokus. During lunch I got to describe the board game world, yet again. People always sound somewhat intrigued, especially when I couch the games as standing against the disconnected world of video games and television. But it usually doesn't lead very far.

I played Blokus 2-player and then 4-player, winning easily each time (the last time with no pieces). In the zone.

After shabbat I started contacting people about my flight schedule mess-up. I suspect that I will be going to bed early, waking up for a chat with Israel at midnight, and then going to bed again.

Boring. Let's see if we can find something more interesting to do tomorrow.

Yehuda

No comments: