Sunday, November 13, 2005

BGG.con: Sunday, Nov 13

Last night I stayed up too late waiting for a Skype from my son when I should have been moving back to the Israeli sleep cycle. This morning I did some extra resting, but I fear that returning will not be easy.

I enjoyed kicking up the leaves of Fall, something I haven't done in about 10 years, as Israel has no Fall, and certainly no deciduous tree-lined streets.

In my time in America, gas prices have gone from $2.75 to about $2.15 a gallon. This is bad. Keep 'em up in the stratosphere for a few more months and the U.S. might get over the hump of investing in renewable energies, something that requires a high initial investment and won't happen as long as fossil fuels keep flowing cheap. Then again, I suppose this doesn't matter much if the elderly freeze to death during the winter.

I went to see a reading of the War of the Worlds at a local university. Cheap enough, and entertaining enough. Some of them read well, some not so well. Still, always nice to find something different and cultural to do.

The Menorah Game is now on BGG. I will either change the entry or add a new one if/when the game is ever published in other-than-prototype format. More people are asking for copies. Thanks to all the people who have reviewed it and commented favorably. If you want a copy, email me (shadejon at gmail).

My friends from New York dropped by for a few minutes, which was nice. Otherwise, after supermarket and drugstore shopping, I am packing up on my last full day here. Tomorrow I am heading out for my final flight ordeal. Should be amusing.

It definitely felt like a vacation. Putting the main event smack in the middle of the vacation helped. Still, while I wouldn't want more weeks of just meandering around, I am not looking forward to going back to work with no vacation to look forward to. Best that I start planning the next one now. Thank God I get a small vacation every weekend.

Last report to be posted in two days ...

Until then,
Yehuda

No comments: