Thursday, November 13, 2008

Session Report, in which we love Agricola and are not sure about Mexica

The latest Jerusalem Strategy Gaming Club session report is up. Games played: Agricola, Mexica.

Everyone loved Agricola. I loved Mexica.

This week I also played a Scrabble game with Rachel. I won by 30 points or so. In included my extending ELOPED to ENVELOPED onto a triple word score. And I ended the game with a bingo. But Rachel took most of the other triple word scores, as well as the Z, J, and X.

I also played several hands of Gin Rummy with Tal. She won a few, but I won a few more, some of them on my second draw (with knocking). Gin Rummy has some skill, but it's often simply decided by luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Agricola - you might want to mention that we changed the rules - we selected 7 out of 10 cards for Occupations and Minor Improvements (and still complained). And we're leaning towards drafting. Agricola is my game of choice to play right now, but I'm not ready to even rate it second after PR because there's so much less player interaction. Most of the time, affecting other players does not come into your decision-making. You mostly block, if at all, as a defense to ensure you can do what you need. But I've only played one full game. And I don't mind the points at the end for different things, because it's just part of having different paths to victory, a few of one thing easily makes up for any negatives, and you know in advance (or for people like me, after playing once).

Yehuda Berlinger said...

7 out of 10 is one of the official advanced variants at the end of the rules.

Yehuda