Friday, July 27, 2007

Adrian's Games

I just played a game of Oh Hell with Tal where, instead of bidding sequentially, we bid simultaneously. It definitely made the bidding a little wilder. I suspect that the variant shines with more players in the game.

Trying variant was a suggested by Adrian Morgan, a fellow blogger who has designed a number of interesting looking games for use with standard components. Check his blog for details.

Next Gen reports that the price of video games is now averaging $60 a pop. Considering that these keep only one person happy at a time and eventually get solved, board games for $10 to $40 sound like a bargain.

Yehuda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you might like to know that I have now written an online implementation of my solitaire card game "Elemental".

It can be played here:
http://home.netyp.com/dragon/elemental/deal.php

-- Adrian.