Tuesday, July 17, 2007

June Gaming at the JSGC

As usual, this list includes games played at the club, not my own personal gaming. For two of the game sessions I wasn't around, so I don't really know much about how the games were received (Adam's session reporting is a bit more oblique than my own).

Backgammon x 2 - A simple pass time.

Blokus - A nice abstract game, works ok for two players (but the mini version is better for that).

Bridge x 2 - A staple at the end of the evening.

Caylus x 2 - Most of the people in the club continue to enjoy this more than I do.

Chess - Some of our more traditional players continue to play this while waiting for other games.

Colosseum - I have no idea, but I think it was well received.

Crossword Dominoes - I borrowed this from my Mom'd house to see if it was any good. It makes a nice puzzle, but a fairly simplistic game.

El Grande - A well-loved staple.

Go - A well-loved two player abstract by some.

Medici - I didn't play it. One of the players who did likes Modern Art and also liked this.

Power Grid - A well-loved staple.

Puerto Rico - The Game.

San Juan - Used as a filler. OK, but desperately needs expansion cards.

Settlers of Catan - A well-loved staple, especially for those who haven't played it several hundred times.

Taj Mahal - A well-love staple.

Thor - Retheming of Flinke Pinke, I think. Some added action cards may ad some pizazz.

Tic Tac Toe - Ahem. Someone actually won a game of this, too.

Tichu x 2 - A staple at the end of the evening.

Toutankamon - I didn't play it, but it looked interesting.

Yehuda

No comments: