Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Games Grandpa

Games Grandpa (Gerald, from Colorado) is one of Gone Gaming's regular fans; it's a great pleasure for us to read his comments.

Now he has started two blogs of his own:

Time Capsule is his personal blog. It's got four entries, one of which is a small session report, and I'm sure there will be others.

Word Sketches is a literary blog with some nice prose material. From the looks of it, the posts are material he wrote a while ago. Nice stuff. I hope he has more to come.

Yehuda

P.S. Did anyone notice that BGG's top 100 now has 47 wargames, if you count wargame-like games such as Wallenstein and Game of Thrones? Yowza.

5 comments:

Gerald McD said...

Yehuda -- We seem to have a mutual admiration thing going here. I really enjoy your writings, too. Thank you much for the compliments. You were the first person to comment on my new blogs.

I have never been good at continuing diaries or journals, although I wished to do so. I hope to do better with blogs.

Over a span of ten years, I wrote my memories of my life from age three to my sophomore year in college (when my wife and I married). I finished that almost three years ago. I hope eventually to record my memories of the rest of my life, to leave for my kids and grandkids (and maybe other generations). But, I'm not sure the writings will be of much interest to them -- it was mostly a fun exercise for myself.

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Just pick a time period that suits you: once a day, once every three days. Then write something religiously.

You just have to find something to say. You must have thousands of interesting stories to tell.

A trick: even if you don't have something to say, start writing anything; while you're writing, you might suddenly find you are writing something interesting. Then go back and edit it.

Yehuda

Gerald McD said...

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the suggestion..

gnome said...

Oh and Yehuda... You might want to take a look here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Emgsch/gaming/games_workshop.htm

gnome said...

the second part is:
games_workshop.htm

:)