Friday, January 18, 2008

R.I.P. Bobby Fischer

Not that I feel particularly sympathetic to someone who spouted anti-semitic and anti-American remarks for the last thirty years of his life, but I put this down more to general insanity and paranoia than true villainy.

In any case, he was once a legendary player and a historical icon. So, rest in peace.

Cranium issues its own product recall for Cranium Caboo.

A retired judge in Arizona is daring to be the next victim of a country-wide crackdown on low-stakes poker games.

I'm at my brother's for the weekend, so hopefully gaming is on schedule. Shabbat shalom.

Yehuda

2 comments:

The Sports Satirist said...

He was a great chess player, but it is a shame about the comments that he made. I wish there was a cure for his condition.

Neath said...

I think you sent him off with dignity and grace.