The bestselling board games on Amazon.com are:
1. 2. 3.
(For those of you reading via RSS, the above don't display properly, so here they are: 1. Settlers of Catan, 2. Blokus, 3. Scrabble Deluxe, 4. Scrabble, 5. Apples to Apples crate)
And you were expecting Monopoly, Sorry, and Candyland, perhaps? I'm encouraged, because these are all great games, worthy of being best sellers.
What have the other stores got?
1. Knockdown Blocktown Domino Building Set - Construction Site - I didn't realize that this was a board game.
2. Cars Later Mater game - Looks like a Perfection variant, from the recent movie.
3. Deal or No Deal - From the NBC TV show. Some sort of press your luck game.
4. Chutes and Ladders
5. Monopoly Junior
Barnes and Nobles
1. Apples to Apples crate
2. Rush Hour
4. I Spy in Common - find matched characteristics within a time limit.
5. Loaded Questions - guess which person gave which answer to a question.
Better than TRU, but still ...
1. Trivial Pursuit DVD '80s edition
2. James Bond 007 Monopoly
3. Sudoku 5x5
4. Cars Later Mater game
5. Deal or No Deal
1. Tengamo Series 1, 3-Pack - somce sort of collectible magnet game.
2. Scene It? Disney DVD Game
3. Family Feud DVD Game Show
4. Cranium Hullabaloo Game - number six on Amazon
5. Elefun Game - A tower shoots pieces of paper into the air which the playes have to catch with butterfly nets.
Proving that either children really want more electronics in their board games, or parents think that they do. Or that the people who shop at Walmart are easily distracted.
3. Candy Land
4. Connect Four, travel edition
Ugh. Either the store is aimed at much younger children, or the people who shop there are buying games as gifts, rather than to actually play them.
Meanwhile, on our side of the world:
2. Carcassonne: the Discovery
3. Havoc: the Hundred Years War
5. Queen's Necklace
1. Thurn and Taxis
2. El Grande, Decennial edition
4. Settlers of Catan
So, does that make Amazon one of us? How is it that Amazon shoppers have some taste and knowledge, while the rest of them don't?