Sunday, July 02, 2006

Gaming: Havoc with Tal

Tal and I played 2-player Havoc, which she won by a hair because I played my very last card foolishly.

I usually do some early attacking and then Tal wins by cleaning up at the end. This time I decided to do some saving up as well. The first battle wasn't fought at all, and many others were barely fought only after full recruitment. That meant that we held more than half the deck in our hands for some of the game.

At one point I had six 8's and six 5's. Tal was working the whole game for a straight flush and she needed one of those 5's. Well, I started playing and losing battles 2, 3, and 4. Then I caught up by taking 6, 7, and 8. On battle 8 I threw down the last 5 as my 6th card, even though I didn't need to, and Tal responded with a dog just to snatch it up and complete here straight flush. She won the last battle. Final score: 36 to 35.

Havoc for two players is funny, because the values of the battles are different than what you would expect. Battles 5 and 7 are the most lucrative, whereas battles 8 and 9 are only middling.

Posting Frequency

I might be posting a mite less frequently (or I might not) as I'm once again working on some longer posts, including two more web 2.0 posts and two longish game posts on relatively basic topics. I'll still get something out every day, most likely, but maybe not several times a day.

Yehuda

No comments: