Monday, July 03, 2006

The war on Israel via video games

I must at least mention this one:

The winner of last year's Electronic Sports World Cup has refused to play this year because he was drawn to play against an Israeli gamer. Badr Hakeem, the 21-year-old champ from Saudi Arabia, cited current events for his reasoning.

"Due to our stand against the Israeli aggression and occupation of Palestine," he said, "I raised my voice and said there was no way I was going to play this guy."

The comments on the post get progressively nasty toward Israel as they go. I have learned not to argue with these people in open forums. Update: That was quick. The comments have now all been deleted. A sample of the vitriol can be found at the source of the above article, here. Note that if these comments also get deleted, we can go to that article's source, which is an arab paper.

Yehuda
Post a Comment