Friday, September 08, 2006

Weekend Coming

I traded Goa for Santiago; I finally received my game. Of course, this is also the week that I asked Binyamin to leave me his copy of Santiago until next game night, so now I have two copies lying around for a week.

Weekend is coming. Saarya is with us, and I hope to play something with him. Eitan is also with us, but he doesn't play games except for war games, and only if there is a lot of killing in them.

Rachel and I may play something, and Nadine may come over, too. That would be nice.

Kris Hall has written an interesting article in my field of games and ethics on Gone Gaming. In the article, he covers the game I mentioned about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. Apparently, the designer has come under attack for the game and has decided not to print it after all. He then asks the usual questions about game themes: do we stay away from offensive themes in order to avoid the situation of players having "fun" doing something morally problematic, or do we print these games in the hope of educating and memorializing the events?

I've dealt with these issues before, such as here.

Yehuda
Post a Comment