Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's that time of year ...

... when all the little gamers who don't live in game store friendly countries wonder how they are going to get games from these countries in time for "the holidays". The smart ones ordered three months ago and had the games sent surface mail. I, having just picked up a slew of games at BGG.con, decided to forgo ordering any more games.

I forgot that all of my friends and relations were counting on me to do this so that we could combine the order and save shipping costs. Actually, I did bring a few games back for some people, but not enough.

Now I'm racing against time to find some games to ship to some people who may be coming to Israel, and will they bring them for us? How many can they carry? How many is too many to ask them to carry?

We are looking for: Power Grid, Louis XIV, Torres, Risk Godstorm, Puerto Rico + expansion, Cities & Knights of Catan, Seafarers of Catan, Carcassonne, and Runebound: second edition. And that's just for a start.

Big news: if you're a game company, I'll put an ad for your site on the side of my blog for two months if you send me one of these games, or any game on my want list, or, in fact, any game at all. Everyone has a price at which they will sell out, and mine is shockingly low.

I also still have a few copies of the prototypes of The Hanukkah Game left. The best Hanukkah game, ever. Actually, let's face it - the ONLY good Hanukkah game, ever.

---

Tonight: Game night at the JSGC! More new people expected to come.

Yehuda

No comments: