Monday, May 07, 2007

A Carnival of Carnivals

I was linked to by a number of carnivals this week:

- Haveil Havalim #114, the Israel/Jewish carnival,

- The Coffee and Tea Carnival,

- The Carnival of the Insanities,

- and Observations on Life.

Thanks for noticing me. I will be hosting next week's Haveil Havalim. Submit articles for it here.


My brother went out of his way to borrow Power Grid from me yesterday. He called me to arrange returning it this morning and promised to tell me all the problems with it at that time.

With the release of Catan on XBox comes discussion on whether board games can really work in digital format over at Ars Technica.

And the monks in charge of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre are letting the toilets run over in a dispute over who controls the cleanup. (source)

Yehuda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Catholic friend of mine commented upon his first visit of Church of the Holy Sepulchre that "it may be a house of God, but it is defiantly run by human beings".

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Sounds like all synagogues.

Yehuda

Suzanne Pomeranz said...

Actually, the "big three" (Greek Orthodox, Armenian and Latin/Roman Catholic - they are actually the ones who run things in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, not 6 as the source article suggests) church authorities, I've been told, have agreed on how to fix the toilet situation... the problem, it seems, is the Moslem shop owner whose shop is just above where the repairs need to be made and who won't allow the Christians to do any work there!

Ah - life in the Holy City - always a challenge.