Friday, August 18, 2006

Weekend's Coming and so is Rachel

My wife is about an hour and a half away from landing at Tel Aviv, God willing, and according to the El Al schedule information. It's been a long three and a half weeks.

We are still displaced at Nadine's apartment until next Saturday night; we also have another apartment available if Nadine needs it earlier for some reason.

I believe, although I'm not sure, that Rachel should be returning with a few of the many things that have been accumulating in America/Canada for me. Most went to my sister-in-law's family in New York, but some went to Rachel's father in Toronto. I don't remember if there are any games included in those.

Rachel will get to Jerusalem only moments before shabbat starts, so I made (read: bought) all the shabbat food and did all the preparations already for when she arrives. I'm such a nice husband.

I was supposed to be teaching a games group for kids next week with Binyamin in Beit Shemesh, but it appears to have been delayed (again). And I am still strongly considering making it to the Tel Aviv games day next week on Thursday. Very strongly.

Now I'm just talking to my computer. Actually, Nadine's computer.

Hello, computer.

Actually, I'm not talking to the computer; I'm talking to you guys, through the computer.

Hello, you guys.

How are you doing? Play any games this week? If not, why not? Make time for them. Find other people who play. Get other people to play.

You know what? If you spent good quality time outdoors, or talking to people, or reading, running, or making love, that counts, too.

If you spent any time this week making the world any better for other people, that also counts.

If you usually aren't happy, but you spent time making yourself happy in a way that didn't hurt or neglect anyone else, that also counts.

Sometimes it's hard to change the world. But everyone can contribute their own little bit.

For my own part, I was actually a little annoyed this morning that both the Carnival of Gamers, and Boing Boing, both to whom I submitted articles recently, neglected me. But then I thought, "Hey! They pick you up sometimes. You can't complain that they don't pick you up every time. Be happy for what you have."

I am happy. I'm happy that you're reading. I'm happy that I'm writing. And I'm happy that Rachel is coming back.

Peace out,
Yehuda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yehuda,

read your every post. Keep up the good work, mate.

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Thanks, Mika.

Yehuda

Jackson Pope said...

Nice cheering post, Yehuda. I'll try to do all those things (except possibly running) before the week is out. :-)

Jack

Gerald McD said...

Absence does make the heart grow fonder, I know from experience.

I always read your posts, even when I don't comment. Keep up the good work.

Also, keep up the positive attitude -- it makes all the difference.

MaksimSmelchak said...

Hi Yehuda,

Glad you have the missus back.

Please keep up the good work!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.