Thursday, August 17, 2006

Background Discussions

I've got some larger posts brewing in the background, again.

Meanwhile, I wrote to the author of a mainstream article about Business games. He wrote that there aren't any business game produced today, other than Monopoly. I am trying to clear the issue up with him (Cash Flow, Acquire, Power Grid, etc.). Someone on BGG also picked it up. I sent a link to this thread to the author, and maybe he'll comment.

I received a request to include all or part of my Copyright Code post in an upcoming law book that explains the code. Tee hee. I hope to receive a copy of the book when it's finished (next year, I suppose).

Meanwhile, I missed posting about a local Chess meetup in Jerusalem that was supposed to have been tonight, and I neglected to remind people about the Educational Center for Games meetups this week in Tel Aviv. And I need to remind people about the board game tournament in Tel Aviv on Aug 24, too.

I also received some private notes wishing me peace and health during this period of tension and war in the Middle East. I already sent thanks privately, but here are some public thanks. Your wishes mean a lot to me.

And really: if anyone can put me in touch with a board gamer in Lebanon (or any other Arab or Muslim country), I would appreciate it.

Yehuda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we are glad you informed us of your duties, but are you going to actually remind us about the Educational Center for Games meetups this week in Tel Aviv and the board game tournament in Tel Aviv on Aug 24 or not?

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Nah. People probably know about it already.

Yehuda

Mischa said...

Google found the Lebanese Chess Federation. Maybe a start?