Thursday, February 01, 2007

More Blogger woes, and Ryanair

Blogger Woes

I am more and more amazed that this thing is out of Beta.

Dozens of times yesterday and today I've been getting access errors when trying to access pages on my blog. The latest error page includes a "code":
We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:

* Describe what you were doing when you got this error.
* Provide the following error code and additional information.

[[[code]]]

Additional information
uri: [[[uri]]]
host: jergames.blogspot.com

This information will help us to track down your specific problem and fix it! We apologize for the inconvenience.
How long is this going to go on? Anyone else having these problems?

RyanAir

As long as I'm on the subject of things I can't believe, someone tell me how Ryanair can offer flights from London to Glasgow for 79 pence. Yes, that's right, not pounds, but pence.

OK, I get that they don't pay air ticket printing costs, credit card fees, advertising, and so on. I get that they charge you for luggage and food. I get that it doesn't include all mandatory taxes and so on which run about 35 pounds. I get that they use cheaper and more inconvenient airports.

But they have to pay for airplanes, maintenance, parts, fuel, staff, service, rent, and branding, don't they? Do so many people pay for extras such as luggage, changing ticket times, late booking, or sandwiches that they can make up the difference?

Seems batty to me. Yet their safety record and service is supposed to be as good or better than regular airlines.

Tu B'Shvat

This shabbat is Tu B'Shvat, one of the four "new years" in the Jewish tradition. This one is the new year for trees and produce, so all the supermarkets in Israel have changed their usual displays of cheap cakes and wafers to nuts and dried fruit.

Some people like to do a Tu B'Shvat "seder", sort of like a Passover seder, where they introduce all of these nuts and fruits and carry on about the land overflowing with milk and honey and so on.

I made brownies.

Yehuda
Causing confusion is a goal, not a side-effect.

2 comments:

Simon J said...

I just got the stupid error message as well.

FYI the code was bX-vjhbsj

Hit reload, blog loaded fine.

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Apparently it was a large scale problem on that day.

Yehuda