Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Holocaust Day

Today is Holocaust Remembrance day. I wasn't going to say anything, but the impossibly good Treppenwitz had a story to tell and to which I wanted to link.

It is unfortunate, but the story of the Holocaust is not about the ones who survived. Many great Hollywood movies would like you to believe that, as they pump out movie after movie with some sort of triumphant ending. That's not the story of the Holocaust. It is the story of the six million Jews who didn't survive, as well as the other five million civilians killed.

If you like, it could also be about the millions around the world who are still being killed, and people who are intent on murdering millions more.

Yehuda

Technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Simon J said...

I can still remember watching World at War episode 20 (Genocide )when I was about 10.

I don't think I'll ever forget that.

Brian Perez said...

You make a good point, Yehuda. I agree.