And may it be a good one.
I'll start it off with a neat article from the latest Gamestudies, On the Role of the Die: A brief ludologic study of pen-and-paper roleplaying games and their rules.
People I don't feel sorry for when I hear about their suffering on the news:
- Villagers living near volcanoes that have erupted more than once.
- Militants treated harshly by the governments they attack.
- Intolerant people hit with natural catastrophes.
- Ethnic groups harried for practicing discriminatory rituals.
- Native cultures fighting "the empty" influence of Western culture and affluence.
- Partying teenagers who want more rights.