Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Linkety Link

A geeklist after my own heart: song parodies about games.

From another thread on BGG, I just noticed MoxRadio, a for-pay podcast with extensive coverage of Magic events. You can download a sample for free, and I have to admit that it's pretty spiffy and probably very interesting if you are quite insane (i.e. play Magic at the international tournament level).

The one red paperclip guy is a guy trying to trade from one red paper clip all the way up to a house. If he succeeds, I know I'm not challenging him to a game of Settlers of Catan. He's actually doing quite well.

Right now he has a walk-on speaking part in a movie starring Corbin Benson. One of the offers he has received in exchange for this is from a guy named Mike Farrell, who offers:

I am willing to trade a year's worth of competition in gaming like any tv game show or board game or video game with the winner at any time they would like and as long as they would like for this role. I just graduated high school and I am trying to make my way to become an actor and I just got my head shots done today. It's what I live for. Thanks for the opportunity. If you don't understand my trade it is simple- I will basically be someone's gaming partner or opponent or competitor for a year in any game they choose at any time.

Best of luck, Mike. It sounds more like a favor for Mike than an offer, however. Who wouldn't want to acquire a gaming partner for a year, and also get a movie role?

Via boarshead, I offer you Left Behind Games, computer games that feature the anti-christ and the rapture.

And via uncrate, I offer you Scrabble key rings. "Officially licensed". Each Scrabble tile on the ring costs $35. They also offer matching earrings.

The site is called Uncommon Goods, and they have a number of weird looking board games, such as Hot Flash, a game about menopause, and Strip Chocolate, which comes with real chocolate, and ... uh ... you can figure out the rest.

Yehuda

No comments: