Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Linkety Link

I played a game of San Juan with Tal. Tie score, 36 to 36, and no cards each. I had Guild and City Halls and a 3 card Chapel but only 10 buildings. She had 12 buildings with Guild Hall and Palace.

We decided to play after unsuccessfully trying to create pieces for a new design I want to test out. It became clear that drawing the cards by hand wasn't the way to do it. I will have to do it digitally first and then print it out.

A few links:

Jewlicious noted a post on top 100 blog Daily Kos which sure struck me as being an anti-semitic diatribe, and then posted a link to Ace of Spades. AoS linked to Jewlicious, and the comments on its linkpost are quite amusing. A catalog of Jewish conspiracies.

Meanwhile, Gizmodo, another top 100 blog, just discovered Carcassonne.

Raph Koster's Theory of Fun site includes this little presentation on why games matter.

Eh. I had another, but I seem to have misplaced it.

I will be missing game night tomorrow night. Nadine has kindly offered to host it. Hopefully we will hear some report after the evening.

Yehuda

No comments: