Thursday, August 16, 2007

Session Report Up, in which I give one of my long Puerto Rico game reports

The latest Jerusalem Strategy Gaming Club session report is up here. Games played: San Juan, Lost Valley, It's Alive, Puerto Rico.

We enjoyed all the games this evening. I took complete notes during Puerto Rico, and give a full report.

The Naperville Sun discusses yet another couple who quit their jobs to push a locally produced game that looks terribly average (all theme). Some discussion on the difficulties in the game market are discussed.

The Denver Westwood newspaper blog talks gaming and mentions local game groups and Board Game Geek.

Reiner Knizia's games are not only going computer, they're going mobile, starting with Samurai. Knizia is a brand.

Cranium WOW just won, not a game award, but a graphic design award from Communication Arts magazine.

Mattel's toy recalls are beginning to make consumers question card and board games from China, too. I've seen a few stories with tangential references to this. I'll link if I find anything more concrete.

Yehuda

No comments: