Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bluh Bluh Blogger

I'm just smart enough to make backups of my longer posts, as well as saving my drafts once in a while, so that when Blogger craps out and loses everything since my last edit, I haven't lost more than a half an hour's worth of work or so.

Still, it's discouraging. I'll redo USC10C57 tomorrow.

Hmmm ... What would happen if Blogger loses the entire site and all my posts? Youch. I think I'll do some major backing up. Anyone know a quick way to do this online?

I'm going back to watching every Pat Benatar and Kate Bush video on YouTube.

You better ruuun
You better hi-ide
You better leave
From my si-yi-ight ...

Just when you think
You've
Got
It
Down ...

1 2 3 4
Daaaaaaaaark

Heathcliffe
It's me, it's Cathy
I've come ho-ome now
So co-o-o-old
Let me enter your
Win-do-o-o-ohhh ...

Yehuda

3 comments:

ekted said...

Down in the cellar
You're getting into making poison.
You slipped some on the side,
Into my glass of wine,
And I don't want any coffee-ee-ee homeground.

:)

Yehuda Berlinger said...

I haven't heard that one (I was less of a Kate fan at the time). I will give it a listen.

Yehuda

Mischa said...

Right now, I've got Blogger set to email me a copy of every post; a step in the right direction for the future, but not helpful for the past. Doesn't catch comments unless you have Blogger emailing you those as well.

GNU has a util called wget that does the trick. In a nutshell, it's "web get" and can make a local copy of whatever you need. It's on your Linux distro, and there's GUIs for Mac and Windows, if that's your poison.